Friday, August 12, 2011

Sarek - Magiska Toner


One of the most popular Swedish folk-bands Sarek prepares release of their new compilation of old hits "Magiska Toner" to be released on September 7th.
Career of Sarek has started in the end of 90s but band has got success only after breakthrough at Melodifestivalen-2003 with the song "Genom eld och vatten" which has won semi-final and reached 6th place in the final. Next year Sarek has reached only Second Chance with the song "Älvorna" which still has given them another Top-10 hit in Sweden. Romance with Eurovision wasn't over. Sarek has written "Magical Sensation" for Belgian ESC-selection performed by Katy Satyn in 2008 and released its Swedish version "Magiska Sekunder" on their third Grammis-nominated album "I natt ska marken skälva" which also included same titled single rejected on Melodifestivalen.
"Magiska Toner" is compilation of reworked best hits with band's sound getting more acoustic that still doesn't damage that beautiful Nordic folk atmosphere of Sarek's music due to what band has presented on their soundcloud page. Two previously not released songs are completely new "Liljekonvaljernas vals" and Grymlings' cover "Där gullvivan blommar", you can also check refreshed version of old track "Om du tvekar" below.

Där gullvivan blommar by Sarek music
Om du tvekar by Sarek music
Liljekonvaljernas vals by Sarek music

27 коммент.:

Anonymous said...

Damian, when we will know for sure when the final of the Melodifestivalen will take place???HAve you read anything in the swedish newspapers about Charlotte's return to MF?

Damian said...

Last year it was on September 13th, there's no official information yet.
Yes, she said she was contacted by very good songwriter and though before she said she's not gonna come back soon MF is always loads of fun so it's a sin to refuse taking part in it.

Anonymous said...

Ok!And one more thing..how much cost the ticket for Globen last year.I know you were there?

Anonymous said...

Wrong placement of"?":))

Damian said...

We were watching general rehearsal in Globen (we find it better to watch the final home with friends as it's TV-show first of all) and it was around 80$ (I'm not sure 100% but something like this). Tickets to the final were not much more expensive, 100$ maybe.

Damian said...

My memory's not in its best condition in my 75 so don't trust me actually.

Anonymous said...

Okey.I assume you can reserve them online too, ya?

Anonymous said...

Damian, what are you saying there?Of course I trust you I don't know any other schlager fan!

Damian said...

Ok, thank you!

Regarding buying online - by the way it's a problem! I don't know about other countries but ticnet.se doesn't work with Russia so I had to buy through other people.

Anonymous said...

Oh, shit!Hope it works with Romania.One more thing-is Charlotte Perrelli divorced?

Anonymous said...

I went to the website and I think it works, even though I have no idea how this works...there is time to figure till february-march!

Damian said...

Yes and seems like she's completely single, so you have a chance!

Anonymous said...

Oh, please.Since when are u so full of jokes?

Damian said...

I was serious this time :(

Anonymous said...

Really?Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings.Have u ever think yourself to try with Charlotte?Plus that u speak swedish,hmm?
BTW, what time is in Siberia?Are u sleeping in T-shirts or still using big blankets?

Damian said...

No, she's gonna be always like a star, like a hero for me, I don't want to know she's a real person.

We all sleep in fur coats here! Isn't it too intimate question? Ok!

Anonymous said...

Intimate.I've noticed when I'm too pushy with the question you stop answer.U answered so I guess it wasn't.Even though I'd give all my money to see how u sleep and how your town looks like.Veeeery curios I admit

Anonymous said...

Did you like "Hero"?

Damian said...

Ha! You need to be very rich person then. And it will not be enough.

Are you kidding me? I think it's the best MF song ever (together with "Moving On").

Anonymous said...

I'm not that rich, unfortunately...so I guess I'll have to wait.Yes Hero it's a great song that's why I don't believe that Charlotte will ever have a better song to come up with.If she wouldn't look like an alien in Belgrade she could have done better.She wouldn't have top Dima because Russia is Russia, isn't it?BTW I like Alex this year, it really sounded well.Not better than Peter last year, but still very catchy!

Damian said...

Yep, she deserved so much better.
I think that she can make a better song though and she can make much worse song. When it comes to MF everyone can disappoint completely.

Anonymous said...

Do you use Skype?

Damian said...

Nope, I don't use this chat soft, takes too much time.

Anonymous said...

And u are a busy man.OKi...I'm going to sleep.We'll have more conversations like this as soon as MF get closer.You'll help me purchase the ticket and find a hotel;)

Damian said...

Not that I did this or that myself but I'll try to advice you if you'll get some questions.

Anonymous said...

You'd better, cause I have only you and I'll have to get there with your help.Though I don't feel very secure putting my life in your hands, but what the hack;))

Damian said...

Putting your life in my hands was your worst idea ever but it's gonna be funny! No doubt!