Monday, May 24, 2010

E.M.D. - Save Tonight


Due to information from tv4.se popular boy band E.M.D. consisting of 3 ex-Idol participants - Erik Segerstedt, Mattias Andréasson and Danny Saucedo soon releases second album that's gonna be a tribute to hits of 90s. I should mention that band's life lasts not much more than 2 years but guys has already managed to make 4 #1 singles (+ one #3 and one #22) and #1 album (+ another Christmas album). Was it good idea to make covers-album? You can already judge yourself. First single from album is real classics of Swedish pop - Eagle-Eye Cherry's debut single "Save Tonight" from 1997, world-wide hit that reached #6 in UK chart and #5 of US chart. Cover turned to be incredibly nice and pleasant ballad with very beautiful instrumental part. You can listen to it right now.

4 коммент.:

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Oh no, the dreaded covers-album :((

I love E.M.D., and I love Eagle-Eye's "Save Tonight" but IMHO this version does nothing for me on first listen - mainly because I'm not really a ballad fan (with a few exceptions) and prefer the boys in uptempo mode.

Damian said...

Hehe, I remember that in common you're not keen on ballads :)
For me the thing is that I didn't like any of EMD's ballads actually so from the beginning I couldn't expect from another one too much but probably because of arrangement it has got a little The Corrs (that I miss a lot) touch for me so I surprisingly fell in love with it :)

Anonymous said...

How can anyone NOT like it? I think it is the best number I've heard for years.
Just FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!!!

Alexander said...

It's a nice version. I'm glad they did something completely new instead of rather just covering it and making it sound like the flawless original.